Sunday, March 15, 2009

High Speed Photography

I setup a rig for high speed photography and every now and then I try something. These are basically pre-focused shots in a dark room which are illuminated by a flash. I'm using an AC powered flash that is designed for Disco dancing. I've tried both acoustic and optical triggers for the flash. This photo was triggered by the noise of the rock entering the water. Thus what you see is the rebound of the displaced water. I think a larger vase might help. Also, since it's pitch black, it's hard to drop the object in the center.

I thought I could photograph directly through a rectangular vase but the optical quality of this cheap IKEA vase is suspect. Mostly the images are very muddled through the glass.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey this is pretty cool... I really need to go through your blog just to see all the neat pics you have. I also like what you write ^_^