Saturday, March 21, 2009

Berry Falls

Berry Falls on the Berry Creek Trail is the most photographed and famous falls in Big Basin State Park. This is a panorama image made from 6 positions with brackets of plusminus 1 stop. I had to throw out the plus one image due to lack of memory on the computer where I was running Hugin, the pano app. Surprisingly, I preferred the non-HDR version over the fused because the exposure changed for the images with the white water.

This image was a little difficult to get because the other hikers were pounding on the wood observation platform and shaking it up and down. The sun had not risen high enough to illuminate the canyon directly, so it was quite dark here. The long exposure is why the water is milky.

The image would be better if there were more on the right side. I think there must have been a tree in the way or I would have continued more in that direction.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: